Is it time to consider an alcohol rehab Toronto? Find out
If you’re considering alcohol rehab Toronto for yourself or for someone you love, there are a number of good facilities you can turn to. But is it really time to seek help? And what should you expect? We find here.
Help from an alcohol rehab
A rehab helps alcoholics with drinking problem learn how to cope with problems in their life without turning to alcohol. This usually involves therapy and behavioral counseling.
An alcohol rehab Toronto is very helpful when trying to overcome drinking problem. It helps addicts focus on breaking their ties with alcohol. The goal of most addiction treatment programs is to ensure alcoholics are able to function without drinking.
Do I need alcohol rehab?
Only you can answer this question. Typically, individuals who are dependent on alcohol are the ones who need an alcohol rehab. If you experience any of the following signs, there are chances that you may need rehabilitation.
1. You cannot function without alcohol, even though it negatively effects your personal, professional and financial life.
2. You suffer from withdrawal symptoms when you miss a drink. Symptoms include tremors, insomnia, nausea, and irritability.
You’ve developed a tolerance to alcohol, meaning that you now need more drinks than before to start feeling drunk.
Signs you need an alcohol rehab Toronto
Besides having physical dependency on alcohol, there are other signs that indicate you may need help for drinking problem. If you exhibit any of the following signs, you should speak to a psychotherapist to see if you need a rehab.
- You can’t stop drinking despite the problems it creates
- You blackout after you drink
- You drink to avoid conflicts or undesired feelings
- You find excuses to drink
- You end up drinking more than you originally intended to
- You try to hide your drinking from your family members
- Your drinking has affected your relationships
- Your drinking has affected you financially
- Your drinking has caused health problems
When do you need an alcohol rehab?
Many addicts do not seek treatment until they hit “rock bottom”. This happens when their alcohol addiction has damaged their physical, emotional, financial, and social structure.
It’s highly recommended seeking addiction treatment BEFORE you reach this point in your life. If you suspect you may need an alcohol rehab Toronto, it’s never too early to seek help.
An alcohol rehab typically includes:
- Assessment and screening the drinking problem
- Medically assisted detox, if necessary
- Behavioral counseling
- Individual therapy and group therapy session
If you are looking for an alcohol and drug rehab in Toronto, call now at 1-888-391-9295.